Thursday, February 9, 2012

KYUSS - Stoke Wheatsheaf - 2nd February 1995

We went to see Kyuss without ever hearing a song but just based on the reputation of their live shows from the reviews we saw in Kerrang.  Not sure who came with me to this one but I remember that we got drinks in a pub over the road before the show before heading into the Wheatsheaf and headbanging for 90 minutes of pure noise.  The tiny Wheatsheaf venue was packed and we were stood right by the stage (no security here!).  What an awesome show and I was a Kyuss fan for life.  I was blown away.  My aftershow memory is that we got some stuff flyers signed by the drummer and we all vowed to be back at the Wheatsheaf a few days later for the Headswim show.



The Wheatsheaf closed as a music venue and was turned into a Wetherspoons pub.
When it was a venue,you would enter through those doors on the right of the photo...

2 comments:

  1. You were probably stood next to me,I was at the front facing the bass player,my first and last time I did any head banging,couldn't hold my head up the next day.Was an awesome gig,were you there for the support Mary beats Jane?? They were amazing too,really miss the sugarmill,some of my favourite gigs were there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the comment! Our necks must definately have been sore too!this one was at the Wheatsheaf in Stoke not the Sugarmill (aka the Stage) in Hanley. Are you sure about Mary Beats Jane? I don't remember it being them but I could be wrong. I have seen Mary Beats Jane on other tours though and had their CD.

    ReplyDelete