Monday, July 4, 2011

TERRORVISION - Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 25th October 1994

This Civic Hall show was sold out in advance (it had already been upsized from the Wulfron Hall) so I wasn't able to get a ticket from the box office so for the first time in my life I would have to go looking for a ticket from a ticket tout outside the venue.  I was on my own too so it was pretty daunting for me!  I got there pretty early and was being quoted really high prices.  I think I told one guy the most I could spend and after me hanging around for an hour or so that same guy came over and sold me a ticket for that price.  I think I even got inside in time to see all the bands!!

Support came from Baby Chaos and (German legends) Die Toten Hosen.  Baby Choas were a great band from Glasgow and I had a couple of their songs (Sperm and Superpowered) so I enjoyed seeing them.  Die Toten Hosen were a  real revalation to me - I had seen one of their songs on MTV (wunsch dir was) and couldn't wait to see this band who were so big in their native Germany playing as a support band.  I really enjoyed their show (and bought their greatest hits album when I got home) but their show in general didn't go down too well with the Wolverhampton crowd who didn't really get it!

By this time I had met up with my new friend Heather from the previous nights show and we chatted while we waited for Terrorvision to come on.  At that time I was not that familiar wth terrorvision (I became a big fan later on) so only knew a couple of songs but I do remember it being a really good show.


A review I kept of one of the other shows on the tour...

No comments:

Post a Comment